Thank you for the opportunity to represent you in matters relating to the purchase of your residential real estate. I write to you in accordance with Massachusetts Rules of Professional Conduct 1.5(b) which requires me to communicate to you in writing the scope of my representation and the basis or rate of my fees and expenses charged.
Scope of Representation The scope of my representation will require some or all of the following services:
• Drafting/reviewing offers to purchase and any other related documentation;
• Drafting, reviewing, and/or negotiating the purchase and sale agreement;
• Calculating adjustments;
• Attending the closing and supervising the purchase;
• Consulting with you as to the terms and particulars of the transaction;
• Communicating with brokers, attorneys and/or the seller;
• Drafting and negotiating any extension(s) for financing and closing dates, if necessary.
Flat Fee for Buyer Representation (when also representing Buyer's Lender): $500.00.
Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, the scope of my engagement shall be limited to the foregoing and shall not include issues of valuation; advice on structural, mechanical, building code, septic, engineering or survey issues; or matters relating to permitting, zoning, wetlands or hazardous substances; or accounting, tax, personal financial matters or business management, and related non-legal matters and advice.
Buyer agrees to pay additional fees as may be required by their Lender including, but not limited to, Settlement Attorney Fee, Title Search Fee, Municipal Lien Certificate Fee, Lender's Title Insurance Premium (mandatory), Owner's Title Insurance Premium (optional), etc.
I appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you in this transaction. Please do not hesitate to call me with any questions you may have about any aspect of my representation.